Sunday, April 27, 2003

A prayer that the will of God may be fulfilled-

O merciful Jesus, grant to me Thy grace, that it may be with me, and labor with me, and persevere with me even to the end. Grant me always to desire and to will that which is to Thee most acceptable. Let Thy will be mine and let my will ever follow Thine and agree perfectly with it. Let my will be one with Thine and let me not be able to will or not to will anything else, but what Thou willest or willest not. Grant that I may die to all things that are in the world and for Thy sake love to be condemned and not known in this generation. Grant to me above all things that can be desired, to rest in Thee, and in Thee to have my heart at peace. Thou art the true peace of the heart; Thou its only rest; out of Thee all things are hard and restless. In this peace, in this selfsame thing, that is, in Thee, the chiefest eternal good, I will sleep and rest (Psalm 4:8). Amen

-Thomas a Kempis

0 comments:

Comments